This delicious latte is a great way to start your day and makes for an excellent replacement for coffee! The lucuma adds sweetness and the cacao gives you energy! This easy to make drink is packed with 3 superfoods! You can make it sugar free if you use flavoured stevia drops.
Some benefits of lucuma include…
- High in carotenes which is an antioxidant that combats ageing and is good for eyesight.
- It adds a sweet flavour to foods without spiking your blood sugar.
- High in iron, which increases energy levels through improving the transportation of oxygen to cells.
- High in Niacin (Vitamin B3) which is generally found in meat, making Lucuma a great source of Niacin for vegetarians and vegans.
- High in fibre, therefore assisting the digestive processes.
- Anti-inflammatory – The State University of New Jersey reported a study that evaluated the anti-inflammatory effect of Lucuma extract on wound healing and skin aging. The study found that Lucuma significantly increased wound closure and promoted tissue regeneration. The report went on to conclude that Lucuma may have anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and skin-repair effects on human skin.
Some benefits of cacao include…
- The theobromine naturally found in raw cacao is a mild stimulant that some believe can treat depression. It may cause the brain to produce more of a neurotransmitter called anandamide which would account for the euphoric sensation some feel when indulging in chocolate.
- Its very high in antioxidant flavanoids, sulfur and magnesium.
- The essential fatty acids found in chocolate may help the body to raise good cholesterol and lower bad cholesterol.
Hemp seeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids, essential amino acids, protein, and fibre!
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1/2 - 1 tsp hemp powder
- 2-3 tsps honey or flavoured stevia drops
- enough water to fill your mug
- Add all ingredients to a small pan over low heat. Dissolve the powder and whisk or blend the ingredients until well incorporated. Heat until warm, then pour from a distance into your mug. Enjoy!