I love to use applesauce for baking, and it’s just the most perfect time of year to bake, isn’t it? 🙂
I constantly find myself without the applesauce i need though, so I decided to just make it myself! Which of course makes it healthier than store bought. I thought I would show you guys how I did it cause apple recipes are perfect for the fall.
Don’t worry, it’s super easy and really quick to make! (otherwise I probably couldn’t be bothered to do it sometimes…:P) The best thing is though you can just freeze this recipe for when you need it, boy do I love doing that.
This recipe has no added sugar, is gluten free, dairy free, and everything-free-except-apples.
Sound good? Let’s make some sauce!
- as much apples as you want (I used 6)
- a little bit of water
- Chop and core your apples.
- Put into your slow cooker along with a little bit of water.
- Leave it in there until your apples are mushy.
- Blend it lightly in a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
- Store it in a jar! It will last a few says in your fridge, or go ahead and freeze it for whenever you need it.