I cannot stress enough how good Cruciferous Vegetables are for you. They have a whole host of health benefits, including…
- Reducing the risk of oxidative stress
- High in fibre
- Helps you to detoxify carcinogens in the body before they damage cells
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- High in Cancer fighting phytonutrients
It’s no wonder we are recommended to be eating several servings of them a week!
Check out 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Cauliflower if you haven’t already!
Are you getting in enough of these veggies into your diet? If not, this recipe is a great start, especially because you can freeze it for later! Who doesn’t love a good freezer meal?
- 500g Cauliflower Head
- 350g Broccoli Head
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 250ml / 1 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- 50g parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- 30g walnuts, chopped
- nutmeg to taste
- seasonings to taste (salt, pepper, turmeric & thyme are all recommended)
- Cut the broccoli & cauliflower heads into florets, keeping the stalks.
- Process the florets in a food processor to create "rice".
- Chop up the stalks and add to a large pan along with the chopped onion & garlic. Lightly fry.
- Dissolve the stock in 900ml of boiling water and add to the pan along with the milk, parmesan, nutmeg, & seasonings.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup together until creamy, leaving space at the top of your blender for steam to escape.
- Add in the "rice" and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with "rice", chopped walnuts, and parmesan.
- Alternatively, blend up the rice along with the rest of the ingredients if you want a completely smooth soup.