Coconut flour is a much healthier alternative to wheat flour, which is just devoid of nutrients and actually leaches nutrients from your body! For more information on why wheat flour is so bad for you, I highly recommend reading Wheat Belly. To see a comparison of Wheat Flour to Coconut Flour, check out my video about it!
Coconut flour is naturally gluten free and is a popular choice of flour for people on the paleo diet. Its high in fibre and healthy fats. It’s also very sweet so i would suggest that this makes a better base for sweet recipes and desserts.
Want more coconut flour recipes? Check out…
Coconut Flour Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4-6 tablespoons coconut oil or grass fed butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- dash of salt
- 2/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all your ingredients together in a bowl.
- If the batter is too dry and crumbly, add another egg or more melted coconut oil/butter. If the batter is too wet, add a little bit coconut flour (go slowly).
- Pat the mixture down into an 8inch pie/tart dish.
- Bake for around 9 minutes.
(links are affiliate links)