Coconut Chia Fresca is a natural energy and workout drink! The coconut water gives you those awesome electrolytes, and the chia seeds absorb the water to increase hydration, are full of heart healthy omega 3’s, and fibre! You have to give this recipe out a try at least once! It’s not for everybody, but a superfood drink none the less. In the very least you can freak out your friends and tell them you’re drinking bugs 😀
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- Mix the chia seeds and coconut water together in a bowl, bottle or jar. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes until it becomes a gel.
- Mix in the sweetener and lime or lemon juice.