This Cashew Chia Latte recipe is dairy free, creamy and deliciously healthy! Chai is made from the worlds most medicinally active herbs and spices, which each carry a range of health benefits. Many of them are highly anti-inflamattory, are excellent at helping digestion, and are great at preventing and helping disease.
Want to consume more disease busting spices? Check out my Anti-Cancer Smoothie!
It also has a few variations, which is always fun. The tea base that you use can be different you see, you could use Pu-erh Tea (fermented black tea, read about the health benefits here), normal black tea, ready made chai tea (this way you wont need to add any spices), or even coffee if you want this to be a “proper” latte! (If you want another latte recipe, check out my Lucuma Cacao Latte recipe)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 chai teabag OR Pu-erh Tea OR Black tea OR Coffee
- Chai Spices (If not using chai teabag):
- seeds from 1-2 cardamom pods
- 3-5 cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp allspice (or to taste)
- Soak the cashews for about 1 hour to make them softer and more digestible. Then drain the water. Brew 3 cups of tea, if not using chai tea, then include the cloves and cardamom pods in the tea to infuse the flavours. Once it is brewed, drain out the cloves and seeds. Pour your tea into a blender (I use the Magimix Blender) and put in your cashews, honey and spices. Blend everything up. Pour into a mug and top with cacao & cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Alternatively, use coffee in this recipe instead of tea along with the spices.